1. Responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
2. Primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
3. Will be responsible for integrating the front-end elements. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
4. Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
5. Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
6. Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
7. Implementation of security and data protection Integration of data storage solutions
Skills and Qualifications
2. Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it (Express, StrongLoop, etc)
3. Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
4. Good understanding of server-side templating languages (Jade, EJS, etc)
5. Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (Stylus, Less, etc)
6. Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
7. Understanding accessibility and security compliance